The Virtue Of The Night Of The Baraat
Rasulullah (s.a.w) said:
- Whoever prays 100 Rak’ah Salat on this (Baraat) night, Allahu Ta’ala will send them 100 angels. Out of these angels, thirty will give glad tidings with Jannah, thirty will tell them they are safe from the fires of hell, and thirty will push away the troubles and calamities of this world away from them. Ten angels will protect them from the traps of the devil.”
- “Whoever spends these five nights in prayer, then Jannah will be obligatory for them: the night of Tarwiyah (night before Arafa), the night of Arafa, the night of Eid ul Adha, the night of Eid ul Fitr, and the fifteenth night of Sha’ban.” (Al Targib wa al Tarhib)
Some of the attributes of the night of Baraat:
- Every action – the Rizq of people, their fates and important actions - are decided and written on this night.
- To pray on this night is very rewarding
- Mercy rains on this night. In a Hadith: "On the night in the middle (fifteenth) of Sha’ban, (the mercy of ) Allah comes down to the worlds sky…”
- Believers are forgiven, their sins erased.
- Full Shafaat of Rasulullah (s.a.w) towards his followers was granted on this night.
- Rasulullah (s.a.w) asked Allah (s.w.t) to give him the power of Shafaat on the 13th night of Sha’ban.
Allah (s.w.t) gave permission to intercede on behalf of 1/3rd of his followers. On the 14th night, Rasulullah (s.a.w) asked for the Shafaat for the remaining followers. Allah (s.w.t) gave permission for 2/3rd of his Ummah. On the 15th night, he asked for the remaining to be able to give Shafaat. Allah (s.w.t) gave permission for all of Ummah Muhammed to be given Shafaat, apart from those who run away from their Lord, as a camel runs away from its owner.
This night, it is the blessing of Allah (s.w.t) for the Zamzam water to increase. There is a message here that Ilahi knowledge will increase in the hearts of the true believers.